This policy along with any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Will Hunt Breaking & Training whose address is Underhill Farm, Pendock, Gloucestershire GL19 3PR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.willhuntbreaking.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services and when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through on or off our website and data necessary for the fulfilment of your orders including your name, email address, delivery address, credit/debit card number, security code and expiry date; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own IP addresses.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We collect information about our customers via server logs, cookies and contact forms. A cookie is a file that your web browser places on your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. The cookie does not store any credit/debit card information nor password details. For further information about the cookies that we use on this website (as well as an explanation as to why we use them and how they can be disabled) please see our Cookies section.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Using our site is safe and secure. Our site uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information such as your name, address and credit card details. In this way, information passed between your computer and us cannot be read in the unlikely event of someone intercepting it. Credit or debit card transactions are secure.
You can check that you are browsing in a secure environment by looking for either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen. This should appear on any page where you are entering personal information (such as your credit card details) – no other page will transmit information about you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please opt out from these communications.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 120 women aged under the age of 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Wiltshire). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Will Hunt Breaking & Training or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by changing the settings in your account. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.